Ministère de l'Économie, de l'Innovation et de l'Énergie and Entreprendre Ici |
Honorific Grants Ethnocultural Diversity Entrepreneurs
Thanks to a partnership with the Ministère de l’Économie, de l’Innovation et de l'Énergie du Québec (MEIE) and Entreprendre ici, grant awardees under the Honorific Grants Ethnocultural Diversity Entrepreneurs program will receive one year of free individual or group mentoring services through Réseau Mentorat. Opting in to these services is entirely voluntary.
What are the MEI ethnocultural diversity grants for?
These grants are part of the provincial government’s 2017–2021 action plan on entrepreneurship (PAGE). In an effort to provide a complement to traditional financing and stimulate entrepreneurship in Quebec, the MEIE has joined forces with Entreprendre ici to allocate this year 24 grants to entrepreneurs from ethnically and culturally diverse communities anywhere in Quebec with plans to create or expand a business.
What is the nature of the mentoring services offered by Réseau Mentorat and who is eligible to receive them?
The 24 grant awardees can receive one year of free individual or group mentoring services through Réseau Mentorat. Opting in to these services is entirely voluntary. The offer is transferable to a partner in the same company; however, it is valid only for one partner and cannot be applied to an employee.
How do I go about obtaining free mentoring services from Réseau Mentorat?
Here is how to proceed if you are a grant awardee:
1. Find your local point of service: reseaumentorat.com/en/service-points
- There are more than 55 Réseau Mentorat points of service across Quebec. See the full list, available online, to find the contact information for your local coordinator who can provide you with more information on the services available (individual and/or group mentoring). They will guide you, step by step, through the registration process.
2. Become a member at reseaumentorat.com/en/become-a-mentee
- When asked “Are you a beneficiary of one of the following programs?” tick the box beside: Ministère de l'Économie, de l'Innovation et de l'Énergie ethnocultural diversity grants.
- In the payment section:
- If your point of service offers online payment, enter the promo code sent to you by email.
- If your point of service does not offer online payment, you do not need a promo code.
What is the cutoff date for signing up?
Grant awardees have approximately six months after the winners are announced to register with Réseau Mentorat. The exact cutoff date will be sent to you by email. After this date, if you still wish to receive free mentoring services, please contact the person in charge of special projects at Réseau Mentorat know. Their contact information is below.
What if I am already a Réseau Mentorat member?
You have two choices: you can either have your current mentoring fees refunded or you can apply the amount against your renewal. In either case, please make sure to let the person in charge of special projects at Réseau Mentorat know. Their contact information is below.
Is the $25,000 grant considered to taxable business income?
Yes, this grant is considered to be taxable income for your business. A grant is a source of ancillary income related to your business activities. The Fondation de l’entrepreneurship will issue a T4A slip to your business for the $25,000 disbursed to you during the year.
Why should I sign up for the Réseau Mentorat entrepreneurship mentoring program?
Mentoring is a great way to challenge your thinking, boost your motivation, guide you as move forward, make you feel like someone is there to listen and support you, inspire you to new levels of achievement, and encourage you to adopt a more agile approach to business. In Quebec, more than 2,000 entrepreneurs are currently teamed up with one of 1,150 Réseau Mentorat mentors through 55+ points of service.
Difference between mentoring, coaching and consulting
At Réseau Mentorat, the mentor-mentee relationship is a fundamentally human relationship between two business leaders. Mentors leverage their experience and insight to help mentored entrepreneurs develop their business skills and enhance their professional well-being. In contrast, coaching and consulting are both compensated activities that are based on a professional relationship, with the deliverable being the successful attainment of predefined goals and the resolution of identified problems.
The type of mentoring services offered through Réseau Mentorat
Réseau Mentorat’s mentors are TRAINED VOLUNTEERS. Their goal is to work with the HUMAN behind the BUSINESS. They draw on their EXPERIENCE, their INSIGHT and their ANALYTICAL STRENGTHS to support business owners in their efforts to improve their ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS and their PROFESSIONAL WELL-BEING.
To get your promo code, apply the promotion to your renewal or ask about anything else concerning entrepreneurship mentoring, contact Marianne Lefebvre, Special Projects Coordinator, at email@example.com or 1-800-661-2160.
HONORIFIC GRANTS ETHNOCULTURAL DIVERSITY ENTREPRENEURS
- Aimed at entrepreneurs from immigration-related ethnically and culturally diverse communities anywhere in Quebec
- Entrepreneurs who are planning to create or expand a business that promotes economic development and innovation
- 24 grants (valued at $25,000 each) per group
- One year of free mentoring services from Réseau Mentorat