Réseau Mentorat mentors can also get involved in many different ways in their community and within the Réseau Mentorat network. They can serve as workshop leaders or play a part in the governance structure, depending on their availability and areas of interest.
Réseau Mentorat governance (Quebec)
Réseau Mentorat is led by a national council and its regional councils, in collaboration with local representatives from the various regions of Quebec. We favour an inclusive approach to all stakeholders impacted by entrepreneurship. Regional mentorship councils are made up of mentors and a representative of the Réseau Mentorat, along with, in some cases, representatives of public- or private-sector organizations. The regional councils themselves are composed of representatives of local points of service and mentorship services.
Several committees explore various operational and developmental aspects of Réseau Mentorat. These committees comprise mentors, coordinators and team members of the Réseau Mentorat.
Réseau Mentorat workshop lecturers are mentors who have received the requisite training and support to serve in this capacity. They are carefully picked by Réseau Mentorat based on a rigorous set of selection criteria, such as :
- Be an accredited Réseau Mentorat mentor for at least 5 years;
- Be in agreement with the mentoring approach of the Réseau Mentorat;
- Have the ability to express hiself and communicate in front of a group;
- Have experience in animation/training;
- Be involved in his mentoring service and have been in contact with other mentors;
- Accept that it is a voluntary involvement.